Sunday, May 11, 2014

An Unbelievable Weekend!

I spent Mother's Day in Westchester NY and birded my favorite spot, Ward Pound Ridge Reservation. It was completely loaded with migrants on both Saturday and Sunday. Below are some of my favorite photos. Mount Auburn also had a huge number of migrants today and I was lucky enough to see a few once I arrived back in town. In total I saw 84 species in two days at three locations. This includes no shorebirds. Unreal for me.
Blue-winged Warbler

Chestnut-sided Warbler


Brown Thrashers Sparring



Black-and-white Warbler

Blackburnian Warbler

Eastern Bluebird

Indigo Bunting

Pileated Woodpecker

Scarlet Tanager

Nashville Warbler

Canada Warbler

Ovenbird

Magnolia Warbler

Rose-breasted Gosbeak

Blackburnian Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment